Welcome To The World’s First Wide Field of view AR/VR Smart Contact Lens with peripheral and focused vision
Our Technology speaks to the Following Ideas:
“The question is not what you look at, but what you see.”
~ Henry David Thoreau
“Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the world.”
~ Arthur Schopenhauer
"The eyes are the gateway to the soul.”
~ Herman Melville
At Smart Contact Lens Inc., in partnership with RaayonNova, we are developing a unique, futuristic, and revolutionary AR & VR-enabled smart contact lens (SCL) system with an embedded display. Our SCL technology plugs into the sense of sight to deliver information in an enabling and enriching fashion.
Our Mission: the great philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer once said, “Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the world.”
Thus, our mission is to expand the limits of the world by expanding what we see.
Industries we target:
The industries we target include: healthcare, financial services, consumer electronics, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, military, science, space, construction, technology, telecom, education, hospitality, and many other industries.
- On July 25, 2022 RaayonNova/Smart Contact Lens presented its prototype device at AR conference at Columbia University. The company was presenting exhibitor.
- On May 17, 2022 USPTO issued key RaayonNova's patent 11,333,902 (Titled: Smart contact lens with embedded display and image focusing system).
- In the Spring 2022, RaayonNova/Smart Contact Lens jointly with NYU Tandon School of Engineering completed Capstone project investigating RaayonNova's and Mojo Vision technology, future of SCL technology, market potential and future adaption of SCL technology.
- On October 28th, 2021, Mr. Aleksandr Shtukater gave a talk on RaayonNova's unique AR & VR SCL technology at Chicago University Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME).
- In July 2021, USPTO concluded prosecution of and issued an allowance for patent application US15/268,582 (titled: Master Slave Smart Contact Lens System). The patent is slotted to be issued in August 2021.
- Aequilibrium Inc. and RaayonNova/Smart Contact Lens agreed to cooperation and partnership.
- In the summer of 2021, China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) is prosecuting/examining patent CN108508629 (Smart contact lens with eye driven control system and method).
- In January 2021, RaayonNova developed a scaled-up demonstration, proof of concept, prototype of an AR SCL device showcasing some of our key technologies.
- On November 24, 2020, patent # 10,845,620 was issued for a patent titled "Smart contact lens."
- On November 17, 2020, Mr. Aleksandr Shtukater gave a talk at Sensors Expo & Conference.
- On April 24, 2020, Mr. Aleksandr Shtukater was scheduled to give a talk on RaayonNova technology at Chicago University's Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME). However, due to the COVID pandemic, his speech was postponed.
- On July 16, 2019, patent # 10,353,463 was issued for "Smart contact lens with eye driven control system and method."
- On August 14, 2018, Mr. Michael Wyss (Switzerland) joined RaayonNova’s advisory board. Michael is one of the co-creators and testers of Triggerfish (a smart contact lens produced by Sensimed for measuring intraocular pressure). Michael has been a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry since 2004 and serves as chair of the Admittance Committee for new fellows outside the USA.
- Mr. Shtukater was interviewed by WIRED Magazine on the feasibility of smart contact lens technology. The July issue of WIRED Magazine printed an article “Mission: How Possible?” discussing it.
- On July 10, 2018, Dr. Melissa Barnett (California, USA) joined RaayonNova’s advisory board. Dr. Barnett is the principal optometrist at the University of California, Davis Eye Center in Sacramento. She is an internationally recognized key opinion leader, specializing in anterior segment disease and specialty contact lenses.
- On June 22, 2018, RaayonNova and the Fraunhofer Institute (Dresden, Germany) signed a letter of intent (LOI) to jointly run a feasibility study on the subject of integrating Fraunhofer’s near-the-eye microdisplays with RaayonNova’s smart contact lens. The LOI proposes for the two companies to cooperate and jointly develop the technology and corresponding intellectual property.
- On April 11, 2018, Mr. Aleksandr Shtukater presented SCL/RaayonNova technology at the IDTechEx conference in Berlin, Germany.
- On November 15, 2017, Mr. Aleksandr Shtukater presented SCL/RaayonNova technology at the IDTechEx conference in Santa Clara, California/USA.
- A number of provisional and non-provisional patents were filed internationally in 2014, 2015, and subsequent years, covering major aspects of our tech.
- RaayonNova was formed in 2014 with the goal of building the world's first AR/VR-enabled smart contact lens, enabling users to utilize peripheral and focused vision in a natural fashion.
SCL WITH TERP DETERMINATION AND TRACKING CAPABILITY
An SCL capable of determining and tracking TERP (task-evoked pupillary response). This unprecedented feature enables adaptive, predictive, reactive, and behavior-tracking systems and applications.
SCL WITH EMBEDDED DISPLAY AND ACCOMMODATION AND REFOCUS CAPABILITY
Enabling a smart contact lens with an embedded display to accommodate and refocus, displaying imagery on an embedded display which comes into focus at the center of the display, right in front of the retina. The image on the display shifts according to the accommodation and refocus efforts of the user’s eyes.
SCL WITH EMBEDDED DISPLAY AND 2D OR 3D ORIENTATION SENSORS.
A smart contact lens with 2D or 3D orientation sensors. Such an SCL is capable of determining and tracking gaze vectors.
CONTACT LENS CHARGING AND STORAGE
Smart storage cases for electronic contact lenses that can transfer data and energy for charging the contact lens overnight.
MASTER SLAVE ARRANGEMENT FOR SCL SYSTEM
A master-slave arrangement for the smart contact lens system, enabling the coupling of heterogeneous smart contact lenses with differing capabilities. The present invention allows the dynamic coupling of smart contact lenses depending on the functionality required.
SCL WITH EMBEDDED DISPLAY AND EYE BASED CONTROL SYSTEM
Enabling the user of an SCL to control the system with their eyes only, or with their eyes and an optional additional triggering action.
SCL WITH EMBEDDED IMAGE CAPTURE DEVICE AND EYE CONTROL SYSTEM
An SCL system with embedded image capture and display devices. The image capture device control is achieved with the eyes only.
SCL WITH VARIETY OF ELECTRONIC SENSORS
SCL with a variety of embedded electronic sensors.
Smart Contact Lens Inc. is partnering with RaayonNova LLC. RaayonNova endows Smart Contact Lens Inc. exclusive rights on its rich IP (intellectual property) relating to smart contact lens technology.
Fraunhofer institute (Dresden, Germany)
We are also partnering with a number of universities.